Trouble Installing -- timeouts

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rm3

Trouble Installing -- timeouts

Post by rm3 »

I have an old version of mantis on a server that is being retired. I moved the db to the new server running RHEL 8 and installed the same version of mysql (5.7) onto that server. I can connect to the database using mysql commands and view the tables using the user I configured into the Mantis install screen.

I tried to install mantis 2.24.3 & 1.3.20. I even created a new database to try it on and I get the same results.

Everything shows up green and good on the install screen. When I click the "Install/Upgrade" button the screen waits about 30s and then I get a "504 Gateway Timeout" error.

I tried increasing timeout parameters in the ini.php and the httpd.conf files. I even did a '# chmod -R 777' on the entire directory and I still get the same result. SELinux is set to "permissive" but I ran '# restorecon -FR' on the directory after the '#chown -R apache:apache' command.

Is there an easy fix for this or a way to manually configure the system to get me going?
cas

Re: Trouble Installing -- timeouts

Post by cas »

I would suggest to first get the old version running on the new machine. I f that works, you can look @ upgrading (following instructions from the admin guide). What old version are you currently running?
rm3

Post by rm3 »

I don't know what version I am running on the old machine. I did attempt to copy the files over and I did get a login screen once but now it just displays a white screen. That why I went to try to install a fresh version of MANTIS.

I tracked down the timeout to trying to create a user @'{the hostname in the url}' instead of @'localhost'. If I put in 'localhost' in the admin setup I get an error saying MANTIS can't write to db. But if I log into mysql I can do everything just fine. I even tried it with the root account and MANTIS gives me the same error.

I renamed the config_inc.php file that was copied from the old server ( I was getting an error saying the file was bad) to try an create a new one but I still get a "cannot write to db". Is it possible that the php version I am running (7.2.24) is not compatible with myql 5.7? Although the check for compatibility says GOOD.
cas

Post by cas »

The version you can see in the bottom left corner.
The existing config_inc.php had a link to the DB on the old server hence you most likely got a time-out.
First move everything to the new server, adjust the config_inc.php and then try the upgrade. :mrgreen: