Which source for new installation?

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Starbuck

Which source for new installation?

Post by Starbuck »

v0.10.1 is a bit stale now. Many changes have been made to the "master" GitHub repo. If there were a "dev" branch then it would be obvious that we should not load that branch to a live site. With everything committed to "master" the state of confidence in stability is not clear.

I'm hoping some changes can be made as follows:
- Branch from master to a new dev.
- Push to dev.
- Merge dev to master when there is a high level of confidence.
- Tag master to a new version after change notes and other cleanup are done.

Then people can load from https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Ema ... g/releases with a higher sense of confidence, or from master, knowing that it should be good but that it's just not all tidy like a Release.

For now... is master OK? :)

Thanks!
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
SL-Gundam

Re: Which source for new installation?

Post by SL-Gundam »

DEV (master) in general is pretty stable for EmailReporting.

Either the new features are not interestingly enough for a release or need some more testing to work out the kinks (if any are found they are usually fixed within 2 days)
If there were any interesting bug fixes then that would also be a good reason to plan a new release but they are minor at the moment
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Thanks man. I'll load up master in a test environment, get familiar with it, and then deploy to a live environment. I've never used your plugin but for a long time have admired from a distance your diligence and generosity. ( Stroke! :mrgreen: )

Current application : I setup Mantis for some colleagues for a small business. They were originally reluctant but now they're addicted to it. Their software product is now being offered in public and prospects are downloading their software. We have a project for tracking Prospects. Sort of like a CRM, each new user gets a ticket and we track their movement from New through In Progress, and Testing, and we ultimately Resolve their ticket as a purchase or a lost sale. I want to setup EmailReporting with an interface from their download system so that tickets are automatically created when someone registers for a download. As prospects continue to use their software and we get automated emails about prospect activity, I'd like to craft emails that get sent to Mantis.

Sure, someone could argue that some of this might be done better with API calls, but since they are already generating emails on prospect activity, I immediately thought this would be a good way to use EmailReporting.

I thought you might like to know how your software would be used...

Thanks again.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Always interested yes. Sometimes it gives me new ideas for functionality or requirements and sometimes just ideas for my own use cases