Forwarded emails make duplicated tickets

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

tothzsofia

Forwarded emails make duplicated tickets

Post by tothzsofia »

Please, help me, I have a emberassing problem when tickets are created via email reports. If the email is forwarded to someone when being sent, Mantis creates two tickets based on the email. The furter messages in the topic (sent by 'reply all') get recorded to the first created ticket as a comment but the system duplicates them too. Please help me if you have any suggestion how could I make it not to duplicate the tickets and the comments, and I'm glad for any idea where I should start to find the reason of this.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Forwarded emails make duplicated tickets

Post by atrol »

I assume that you are using this plugin https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... lreporting
Therefore I moved the topic to forum EmailReporting.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
tothzsofia

Post by tothzsofia »

Yes, I use that plugin. Thank you.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Each email that is sent to the EmailReporting mailbox will be processed.

EmailReporting will try matching those emails to existing tickets based on several criteria. If matched a note is created, otherwise a new ticket

Your saying email A is send to EmailReporting and several other people and this very email A is processed twice? Is it possible that this email A was sent to EmailReporting twice, possibly by using distribution lists?
Is EmailReporting monitoring multiple mailbboxes?
Are you using POP3 or IMAP?