replay to generic user

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

gang

replay to generic user

Post by gang »

I installed a mantis with emailreporting plugin. I have the following problem.

User A send email to mailbox . This mailbox is configurated in emailreporting Ok.
The cron is runnig an ok because when arrived a email in mailbox a new issue is created.

In my workflow say when issue is closed send email to a user inside the mantis (administrator) an a user who begin to send the email to mailbox informador.p1.arold@gmail.com , but mantis only send email to administrator and never to generic user . How mantis know the first user who send the email ?? In the issue description goes the primary email address for example Email from: Manuel Camacho <informador.p1.arold@gmail.com>

In the plugin logs never see try to send email to informador.p1.arold@gmail.com but i can see the email to administrator ..

Thanks in advance.
SL-Gundam

Re: replay to generic user

Post by SL-Gundam »

You need to make sure that the reporting user has an account in Mantis and that he is set as the reporter of the issue in question

EmailReporting has the option to create new user accounts for you if the reporting user does not yet exist
gang

Post by gang »

automatically create users is not an option for me because in each project (10) there will be more than 10,000 users.

Do you any other option ? .. maybe parse the description field because in this field go the email of the user outside mantis...

Thanks in advance.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

EmailReporting will only handle the processing of emails into issues. After that MantisBT will take over. So that would be outside the scope of this project

I don't really see what the problem would be with 10 times 10000 users in MantisBT

You could of course create your own plugin to fit your needs
gang

Post by gang »

ok thanks for response ...

I try to create user automatic i it does not work for me. the user is not created. If i try to create same user inside mantis and i can do it without any problem ) Manuel Camacho informador.p1.arold@gmail.com

My configuration is
The default / fallback reporter user for issues created by email [?] Mail79960 Created by pluging
Signup new users automatically (possible security risk!, see documentation) [?] YES
Preferred username for new user creations [?] emailaddress
Preferred realname for new user creations [?] emailaddress

Installed Plugins
Plugin Description Dependencies Priority Protected Actions
Email Reporting 0.9.0-DEV MantisBT Core 1.2.6, <1.3.99 [ Uninstall ]
MantisBT Core 1.2.12 Core plugin API for the Mantis Bug Tracker.

MantisBT Formatting 1.0a Official text processing and formatting plugin.
Author: MantisBT Team

Where i can find the error ?? is there any wrong in my configuration ¿?

Thanks in advance.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Most likely the username that is generated based on the email address already exists in your system. The fallback username is also based on the email address. Since usernames are limited to 32 characters it fails pretty quickly if it is based on email address

I would suggest changing the preferred username and realname to "Name"

Also what have you set for "Use only default reporter user for issues created by email"