How to use email reporting plugin

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

drb001

How to use email reporting plugin

Post by drb001 »

Hello,

I habe installed MAntisbt 1.2.11 on myt Ubuntu 12.04 x64 Server and I installed correctly the plugin, I use one free account of gmail to send the notifications to users, my problem is that I don't know what I habe to do to this plugin works, I read about scripts or something like that but I don't know, I created one mailbox to one proyect using the gmail configuration but I don't know what I need to doy to this plugin works and what I habe to write on the emails to use

Can help me anything plase, I really find onn google and here but I don't find much information, I read the documentation but there not appear the installation or configuration steps, only the characteristics and I don't know what I habe to do

Help please

David
SL-Gundam

Re: How to use email reporting plugin

Post by SL-Gundam »

Go to Manage -> Manage plugins -> Email Reporting ?.?.? (the ?.?.? mention the version of emailreporting you have installed)
You should see at the top that you need to schedule a job (often cron jobs are used under linux based systems)

The readme or Documentation (which you can find below the "Manage plugin" link) says a bit more about this but it is generally assumed if you ar running linux that you know how to schedule jobs under that system
drb001

Post by drb001 »

I use Stable 0.8.4

I read the guide but don't have information

Thanks for the help
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

My advise is to get 0.9.0-DEV as that is the advised version for MantisBT 1.2.6 and later versions -> http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... lreporting

After that the links to the documentation should become visible
zain123

Post by zain123 »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

It's propably a blocked port on the firewall, Mantis is not on my local computer, I'd to work on a Linux server via WinSCP, so it's maybe there the problem's source. I'll ask to the administrator about this port ( 995 ? ).

Thank you SL-Gundam,
aliiiii
Cr0n0x1995

Post by Cr0n0x1995 »

do not know how to use the plugin, could someone please assist me .
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Please read the readme in the doc folder

https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Ema ... t_mail.txt
Cr0n0x1995

Post by Cr0n0x1995 »

In the file is not well explained the issue.
Help me please!